Rogue River Transportation System Plan Update
In 2003, the City of Rogue River (City) adopted a Transportation System Plan (TSP) as the Transportation Element of the City Comprehensive Plan. Since adoption of the TSP numerous changes have taken place in City, as well as in state law. This project will build on the success of the current TSP, provide necessary updates, and ensure compliance with existing laws, rules and regulations.
The objectives of the Project are to:
- Provide for a safe and efficient transportation system based on existing and future land uses;
- Prioritize improvement projects for existing transportation facilities;
- Establish a document that is simple and easy to understand for developers and the community;
- Include a safe routes to school component that provides a plan to construct missing portions of bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure; and
- Comply with applicable state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
The update project will provide opportunities for public participation through open houses and public meetings, leading to public hearings before the Planning Commission and City Council to adopt an updated TSP.